Donate to The Aniplant Project to help Cuban animals

Saturday, August 31, 2013


                                                              Pablo at LAX


                                                           Pablo and Housemates


                                                         Pablo on th4e Beach at Malibu

Pablo at Home


Pablo at Home

I love the story of Pablo and his rescue from Havana's Central Park.  Maybe that's why I've devoted three previous blogs to his saga.  I thought I had written the last about Pablo, but Amanda, his new adoptive mother, spurred me into action once again when I opened a new email from her.  Three appended pictures from that email are shown above the text of this blog.

One pic shows Amanda's living room and Pablo's companions in Amanda's home.  You can tell from the neat, stylish furnishings that Amanda is a good homemaker, and her other healthy-looking dogs suggest Pablo will get really good care in his new home in Los Angeles.

The pic in the car is Pablo as he appeared on arrival at the Los Angeles airport after his 2500 mile trip.  His noble long nose is especially evident in this photo.

And finally, Amanda's and my favorite shot, Pablo romping on the beach at Malibu.  After months of living in a foster home without a chance to run free in a park or on a beach, Amanda lost no time in getting him to the beach.  And, if we never get a message from another dog, this picture clearly communicates that Pablo loves his new existence.  It's as close a depiction of pure joy as we could have.

I'm so happy for Pablo and Amanda I could cry.

Les Inglis

No comments:

Post a Comment